Paleo Pad Thai (WHOLE30)
I’m not lying. I swear this IS the BEST pad thai I’ve ever had. I can taste it now. Just thinking about it makes me want some. The recipe may seem a little foreign at first but don’t run just yet. I promise you will not regret making this. Coming from a Thai loving fiend you should trust me, right? YEAH, you should. Let's do this!
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 6-8 oz. diced raw chicken (organic)
- 2 large eggs (pastured + organic)
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup of snap peas (sliced long way)
- 2 cups spaghetti squash
Combine the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
Leave that there and get started on the rest of the meal…
- Start cooking your spaghetti squash (in the oven or microwave)
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and mix in the 2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos. Heat a large skillet for about three minutes. Coat skillet with coconut oil, pour in egg mixture, reduce heat and cover for 3-4 minutes. Flip and brown the other side for a few minutes. Take this out and chop it up. (BTW it tastes like french toast. Go ahead, taste a small piece!)
- Add more coconut oil to the skillet and saute the snap peas and onions for about two minutes.
- Add the spaghetti squash, chicken and cooked egg pieces and stir well with a wooden spoon for about three minutes.
- Pour the sauce over all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Make sure everything is cooked through and dig in!
Sorry, if I’ve ruined your next trip to your favorite Thai restaurant because nothing will compare to this pad thai. You’ll just have to order something else on the menu.